Our teeth are subject to a lot during our lifetimes, but that doesn’t mean you have to live with damaged teeth.
We use fillings to repair teeth damage or decay. Composite fillings are tooth-coloured and blend in with your other teeth, making them nearly unnoticeable. They also provide crucial support and are made from materials that can last a long time.
Fillings are the most common type of dental restoration. You will be in very capable hands when going to our practice for a filling.
Here’s what to expect:
- First we remove the damaged or decayed part of the tooth. We use a local anaesthetic to make sure you are comfortable.
- We prime the tooth for the filling using a special acidic gel. Once this is washed away, we use an adhesive on the surface.
- So we get the perfect shape, we apply the filling in layers, building up the structure.
- The composite hardens under a light.
- We then polish the filling to make it appear more tooth-like
- To make your filling last longer, we strongly advise that you brush at least twice a day and make regular visits with us.